March 22, 2012

Cute Stuff: Yellow Theme

Today was so warm, it feels like summer instead of spring! (I shudder to think how hot and muggy it will be in August!) I thought I would make a treasury of some cute stuff I've found on Etsy recently while thinking about global climate change.....
click here to view more detailed shots of everything

Do you think climate change would be so contested if it had never had the label "global warming" and had instead been called "global climate change" from the start?
I wonder what Cincinnati (right on the border between the north and south United States) will be like 50 years from now, when my children are all grown up? Will it be a jungle (and not just the concrete kind)?... I've always wanted to see a jungle in person, but the thought of my hometown becoming topical is as scary as it is alluring..

While climate change is rather frightening, I sure am enjoying this non-winter-y weather! I hope you are too! :)


2 comments:

  1. I am totally with you. Climate change may have been better, but really, the idiots that don't believe in global warming probably wouldn't be any more convinced...
    I am in Toronto and wow, it is 20 degrees warmer this week than it should be, which I admit I am enjoying because I hate winter so much, but at the same time everyone around here has that feeling in the back of their head that "this is not right."
    At least as of today the temperature dropped and we're back to normal spring expectations. And we need some rain, as dreary as that will be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mel, I totally agree!!
    Somewhat thankfully and also sort of reluctantly, the weather here in Cincinnati seems to be dropping back closer to "normal" temperatures for this time of year... besides making global climate change a little less "in your face" there is an added bonus: wearing pants means I don't have to shave my legs! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Hi!! Please leave a message in the little box below :