I have tried probably hundreds of products and none of them have made my skin feel as good as Jojoba oil does! (Said like "ho-hoba").
It mimics the chemical formula of the sebum the skin naturally produces, minus the impurities and with an antibacterial component. It may seem against logic to put oil on your skin if you've already got oily skin, but it really does help reduce breakouts and leaves your skin feeling super soft! By putting this sebum-like substance on your skin you are in effect tricking your skin into thinking it is already producing enough oil, so it will stop producing so much dirty oil.
For me, it seems to work really well so long as I remember to put it on every night. However, I do still occasionally still get a few bumps here and there...
- Jojoba oil is made from a plant.
- It is usually cruelty free/no animal testing (mine is).
- It is fairly cheep and lasts a while (mine was like $7.00 or $8.00 from Trader Joe's).
- It can be used for loads of stuff besides acne control including your lips, your hair, and your hands, as a makeup remover and more!
- There is a purging process - after you start using it you may start to break out a little bit more than usual. Don't worry, this passes! Just like most skin care products it takes a few weeks to really see how it will affect you.
- After applying the Jojoba oil to your face, your skin will look a bit greasy/oily for a while as your skin absorbs it. For this reason, I recommend applying it at night time before bed.
*****More info here, here, here, here, here and here. ****