March 19, 2012

FOOD: Rainy-bow day

My boyfriend and his family had a really rough day today (due to a family emergency type thing). And I saw this project here and thought it might help spread some cheer. It went pretty well! 

I put mini peanut butter cups on top because i thought they looked kinda like mini cupcakes! 
Kids looking silly enjoying the rainbow-y ness!
I had one of Jim's younger cousins help with the cupcakes and we didn't quite get the colour proportions right -- lots of purple and hardly any of the other colours on this one!  
All in all though, they turned out pretty good. 
The only negative thing I can say about this project is that it involved a little more intensive clean-up than regular cup-cake making (because of the need to have separate bowls for each colour of cake batter).

My only regrets: not buying a second box of white cake mix to make more cupcakes, and not colouring the icing as well!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi!! Please leave a message in the little box below :